- By-Election Date
- What is a General Election?
- Find Your Ward
- Find Your Voting Location
- Roles of Elected Officials & Online Resources
- City of Winnipeg Resources
- Province of Manitoba Resources
- Manitoba School Board Resources
- Previous Election Results
Civic By-Election Date
On November 26th of 2011 there will be a by-election held for the following city council and school trustee wards:
- St. Vital Civic Ward
- Winnipeg School Division Ward 1
- Louis Reil School Division Ward 2
What is a General Election?
Winnipeg holds a general municipal election on the fourth Wednesday of October every four years.
All eligible voters in the City of Winnipeg are entitled to cast their vote for:
- The Office of Mayor.
- One Councillor from each of the 15 city wards.
- School Trustees based on the school divisions within the boundaries of the city.
On occasion by-elections are called to fill vacancies for the Office of Mayor, Councillors, or School Trustees.
Find Your Ward & Voting Location
To determine your ward and voting location use the city of Winnipeg's address look-up tool.
Roles of Elected Officials & Online Resources
City of Winnipeg Resources
- City of Winnipeg Election FAQ
- Official List of Registered Candidates
- Official List of Nominated Candidates
- Council and School Division Ward Maps
- Important Election Dates
- Identification Required When Voting
- It's Your City. It's Your Vote. Slideshow
- Registration Information
Province of Manitoba Resources
Manitoba School Board Resources
Previous Municipal Election Results
- 2010 Winnipeg General Election
- 2006 Winnipeg General Election
- 2002 Winnipeg General Election
- 1998 Winnipeg General Election
- 2009 Winnipeg By-Election One Councillor, One School Trustee
- 2008 Winnipeg By-Election One School Trustee
- 2005 Winnipeg By-Election One Councillor
- 2004 Winnipeg By-Election Mayoral Race, Two Councillors, Two School Trustees
- 2003 Winnipeg By-Election One School Trustee
- 1998-2002 Winnipeg By-Elections One Councillor, Five School Trustees